Do you think your skin behaves differently when the climate changes??
Do you think your skincare routine should change according to the climate??
Yes and Yes…
When the climate changes, it directly impacts our skin. Your skin can either look dry or oily as there is a drop and rise in the temperature respectively. Humidity also plays a major role in the way your skin looks. You might have observed that when the rainy season is nearby, your skin starts feeling oily. And when the winter is coming, your skin starts looking dry and flaky.
During weather change, a healthy lifestyle is important to build strong immunity to fight different illnesses. And, just like your overall health, you need to give extra care and attention to your skin too. It becomes important to make some small changes in your skincare routine accordingly.
If you are wondering how to keep your skin healthy during the changing climate. Let us see some easy-to-follow climate-changing skincare tips that might help.
Climate-changing Skincare Tips:
- Always use mild soaps. If after using soap, your skin starts feeling dry, then it means that your soap’s ph value is high.
- Use moisturiser to help in maintaining the skin moisturiser. A water-based moisturiser is the best as it quickly gets absorbed in our skin and works wonders for oily skin. If your skin is extra dry during winter seasons, try using coconut oil, glycerine (diluted) or use your favourite marketed body butter.
- Apart from regular moisturising your skin, you need to keep yourself hydrated too. This will help in retaining the skin’s moisturiser. If you are experiencing extra oiliness, you can skip moisturiser. But keeping yourself hydrated is important to keep your skin healthy.
- Guess what the next important step will be… Sunscreen… With a little drop in temperature, or during cloudy days, you skip sunscreens. Continuing this, you can harm your skin. Be it summer, rainy season or winters, never skip your sunscreen.
- When you consume nutritious foods, you make your skin healthy and capable of protecting it from any external damage. So you should include fresh fruits, antioxidants rich foods to keep your skin nourished, giving you a natural glow.
- Rejuvenate your skin twice a week using any suitable exfoliating methods. This helps in removing the dead skin cell layer and letting the skin absorb the nutrients from the serums and moisturisers. (In my earlier blogs, I have shared a few exfoliating DIY scrubs, pick your favourite ones)
- You can also include vitamin C serums in either your morning or night skincare routine. Pure vitamin C serums will moisturise and rejuvenate your skin. It is also beneficial in boosting collagen and elastin production in your skin, as well as protects from free radicals. With all these benefits, Vitamin C serums will give a soft dewy glow to your skin.
- While buying your facewash, you can look for cleansers with salicylic acid as it can help in preventing any breakouts. during the humid weather.
Time to bring some changes:
If you feel that the climate is changing and you should make some changes to your skincare routine. These generic climate change skin care tips will help in maintaining your skin’s natural healthy glow throughout the year. Make changes according to your skin types. And do not forget to apply sunscreen.
Do not let climate change take a toll on your skin!!
This article is contributed by 5PM Ardor!
Author bio: 5PM Ardor: The place where you enjoy a short read on skincare, food, and books while relishing your favorite cup of tea or coffee…
Ardor means a feeling of warmth and enthusiasm. While ‘5 pm’ signifies the time when usually we have a coffee/tea break. 5 pm is also the time when some of us complete our work and leave for our respective homes. The reason behind this name is that along with the warmth of coffee and tea, people should also feel that warmth (affection) while reading blogs on 5pmardor. They should feel enthusiastic and inspired after reading freshly designed articles.